The Civic Engagement Associate will work within the Advocacy Department to execute its electoral outreach, advocacy, and organizing work to increase the civic participation and inclusion of all immigrants in New York City. The ideal candidate will have experience with some combination of the following: community organizing and engagement, advocacy, and grant writing.
The Civic Engagement Associate will work closely with the Vice President of Advocacy to manage the NYIC’s overall civic engagement efforts, which include supporting advocacy efforts through logistics support and planning, supporting the Civic Engagement Collaborative to foster the civic engagement of immigrants, coordinating legislative affairs, and building a base of engaged immigrants and allies throughout the State.
The Civic Engagement Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Support and contribute to the organization’s advocacy work and civic engagement campaigns, including assisting large scale events and managing event logistics, as needed
- Coordinate with community based organizations to support their non-partisan efforts to register new voters and promote voter turnout
- Support and coordinate the IVote coalition’s campaigns to improve civic, electoral, and community engagement in immigrant communities
- Support scheduling for legislative visits and advocacy events, and participate in outreach to public policymakers and elected officials
- Participate in the development of advocacy and community education materials
- Manage the tracking and reporting for current grants and support the Development team in aggregating data for upcoming funding opportunities in conjunction with the Advocacy and Development Departments
- Hold periodic community education workshops and forums
- Help develop and manage strategic relationships
- Some experience with civic engagement, community organizing, coalition building, and / or immigrant-serving or led community based organizations is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of issues faced by immigrant communities in New York State
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience public speaking
- Highly organized, with administrative experience
- Language skills in Spanish, Chinese, Creole, Arabic, Russian, or other language(s) spoken in New York City is a strong asset.
Professional Level: None specified
Minimum Education Required: No requirement
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Civic Engagement Associate.”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible. We will consider tailoring the position if we find a strong candidate with some but not all of the relevant skills.