Who we are:
The mission of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is to become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities, making food rescue sustainable and universal, and food hunger a thing of the past. Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (RLC) helps companies reduce food waste by bringing leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
What you’ll do:
RLC is currently accepting applications for the Community Outreach Director. The Community Outreach Director will be responsible for recruiting and engaging volunteers to build a strong community around our mission to reduce food waste. The Community Outreach Director will also be establishing partnerships with different organization to ensure more events are covered.
- Recruit volunteers through position postings and marketing.
- Contact volunteer groups and organizations to establish partnerships
- Coordinate volunteers to make sure all food rescue events are covered 7 days a week.
- Engage volunteers through group gathering events. Build a community for volunteers.
RLC staff will work closely with the founders to make true, meaningful impact with the organization. All employees will receive performance reviews on a quarterly basis.
Who you are:
- Professional with at least 2 years of working experience.
- Organized; able to manage large workload without losing track of deadlines and other details.
- Personable; enjoy meeting and getting to know new people
- Approachable; you will be a person volunteers can reach out to and ask questions without any hesitation.
- Able to interact professionally with potential partners in person and via phone/email
- Passionate about food waste and hunger.
- Hard-working; ability to go above and beyond to make sure every single food rescue event is covered.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
Please email your resume to email@example.com . Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted.
LOCATION: New York City
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $40,000-$50,000 (depending on experience)
JOB FUNCTION: Entrepreneurship, Non-Profit, Social, Community Sv, Social Impact, Outreach, Community Impact, Volunteer
Professional Level: None specified
Minimum Education Required: No requirement
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply