If you have a passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community, this opportunity is for you. We currently have an opportunity in our Harlem NPower program for an Internship Placement Manager. This position leads, develops and delivers comprehensive student internship experiences for young adult students in the Harlem NPower program. This will include developing relationships with potential employers, matching students to internship opportunities, student professional development, student internship/apprentice administration and volunteer engagement. Additionally, this position assists students with professional and job search preparation activities.
· Manage and develop relationships with current and prospective internship site hosts.
· Market internship program to the workforce community.
· Prospect/cold call and face-to-face meetings with internship site hosts.
· Manage participants’ skills, technical performance/ experience and interests to internship opportunities
· Consistently meet monthly internship placement goals and provide monthly statistical reports
· Coordinate and participate in various events, activities and fairs on topics related to internship planning and placement.
· Research and develop knowledge of career development trends, markets and issues.
· Coordinate company site visits and guest lecturer workshops.
· Participate in the orientation, professional development and graduation program for students.
· Manage the general internship and specific internship agreements, onboarding documentation and offer letters.
· Manage invoices and payment process for both students and participating organizations.
· Meet weekly with students as a group to debrief internship experience and bi-weekly to ensure efficacy of internship program.
· Address any concerns or issues between an intern and host site
· Distribute and analyze internship surveys.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· A passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community
· Dedicated to achieving personal, team, and organizational goals through time management, data analysis, focused communications, teamwork, and continuous learning
· Experience in lead generation and development of internships
· Able to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them as well as evaluate and implement alternative courses of action
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
· Technology background and experience with Salesforce (preferred)
· Must be detail oriented, have excellent follow through, and work well in a team-based, entrepreneurial, and diverse environment
· Experience conducting analytical research and creating reports
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills
· Experience in workshop presentation, career counseling and workforce development programs
medical, dental, vision, 403B plan, 3 weeks vacation
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED