Department: Employment Services
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Program Overview: The Henry Street Settlement Education and Employment Services is an $8.4M division providing a continuum of services from early childhood education through adult workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Employment Services is a $3.8M integrated multi-service employment portfolio of programs funded by private, corporate and government funding. Participants engage in a continuum of activities including soft skills training, HSE (formerly GED) and ESOL classes, internships, employment and career planning, job search, retention and ongoing case management. This department serves a diverse group of people within four service tracks: Youth Employment; a walk-in program for 18+ NYC residents; an ESL program for people with limited English proficiency; and a placed based program at NYCHA’s Wald and Riis Houses.
Henry Street Settlement is seeking a motivated and passionate candidate to join our Employment Services team as our Workforce Development Center Training Coordinator. Responding directly to the needs of community members of all ages and backgrounds, Henry Street offers a holistic range of more than 50 different social service, arts, and healthcare programs across the Lower East Side. Today, Henry Street is one of New York City’s largest, most comprehensive, and most widely recognized community-based organizations.
Henry Street’s Workforce Development Center Training Coordinator will function as a core member of our dynamic Employment Services team. The Coordinator will provide career readiness/job search training to young adults and adults, design curriculum and establish partnerships with hard skill/sector based training providers throughout the city for our clients to continue learning. As this is a new position, the Coordinator has the opportunity to contribute their vision into how the role is operationalized. While this position will have an increased focus on serving young adults, the trainer will serve a diverse population.
The Workforce Development Center Training Coordinator will enjoy an engaging, collaborative environment within Henry Street’s Employment Services Division, which encourages innovation and creative approaches to helping our community members succeed. Henry Street is a citywide leader in workforce development and our programs are consistently on the cutting edge of the field. Equipped with the passion, creativity, organizational skills, and empathy that this position requires, our selected candidate will have the opportunity to work cooperatively with Henry Street’s team of experts to help our community’s job seekers thrive.
- Provide engaging career readiness training, job training workshops, related sector skills training to young adults 17-24 and adults 18+ engaged in HSS’ Employment programs.
- Create / enhance curriculum to ensure meets needs of, reflects work of staff and reflects generalized priorities of employers.
- Streamline Henry Street’s partnerships with training providers across NYC, serving as the point person for Henry Street’s existing training/consultant partners, and developing new partnerships with organizations that can provide trainings both onsite and via referrals, leading to industry-recognized credentials and/or hard skills development.
- Oversee training referrals, facilitating warm handoffs to established partners; tracking clients to ensure follow-through; and supporting them throughout training/licensing processes.
- Provide or outsource direct sector skills training in areas such as customer service, hospitality, food handlers or OSHA or other related trainings.
- Collaborate with employers to develop employer focused training opportunities.
- Evaluate training impact and track training outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three years relevant experience; must have training experience.
- Dynamic trainer, ability to engage diverse learners, especially young adults, using innovative teaching methods.
- Passion for serving underrepresented populations, especially young adults.
- Demonstrated understanding of the core skills needed in returning to work and in conducting a job search.
- Demonstrated understanding of NYC’s workforce development and training landscape.
- Ability to teach security, food handler permit, OSHA, and/or other industry recognized credentials a plus
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Workforce Development Center Training Coordinator” AND the website the position was found in subject of e-mail .
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer/program.