Green Worker Cooperatives is a Bronx-based organization dedicated to incubating worker-owned green businesses in order to build a strong local economy rooted in democracy and environmental justice. We train and develop worker cooperatives that have a positive environmental impact and enable the transformation of their members and community.
The Administrative Coordinator plays a key role in streamlining the organization’s workflow and is the link connecting the organization’s staff, departments, and vendors. The Admin Coordinator is responsible for onboarding new employees and volunteers; implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies; monitoring administrative projects; and maintaining an organized back office and digital administrative systems. The Admin Coordinator is also involved in the financial management of the organization, including monitoring and approving expenses, controlling costs, and preparing financial reports.
- Financial Management
- Work with bookkeeper and accountant to process annual 990, CHAR 500, 1099, and W-2 filings, as well as audits and quarterly taxes;
- Work with bookkeeper to generate quarterly Income & Expense reports, cash flow statements, and balance sheets;
Work with bookkeeper to reconcile financial records on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all income and expenditures are appropriately categorized
- Coordinate development of annual organizational budget by staff and board of directors
- Approve expenses and process all bill payments, reimbursements, and payroll
- Manage and maintain records of all staff insurance and benefits packages
- Maintain payroll records and track changes in exemptions, withholdings, deductions, sick time, leave, and pay rates
- Process and track all donations
- Office Management
- Develop team meeting agendas
- Schedule quarterly staff workplanning meetings and annual organization-wide strategic planning meetings
- Manage organization’s primary email account and phone system
- Maintain organizational records and databases of employee and volunteer information
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, and training process for all new staff and volunteers
- Maintain and update the organization’s CRM and project management tools
- Several years of experience in administrative support roles or office management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solver
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- 2+ years of experience working in the nonprofit setting
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Apps, Intuit Payroll, QuickBooks, NationBuilder, Teamwork PM
- Finance and/or bookkeeping experience is desired
- Bronx residents preferred
Salary: P/T, 20 hours per week at $30 an hour (equivalent of $31,200). Includes generous health, vacation/personal/sick days/parental leave, and professional development benefits.
Start Date: Position begins immediately.
To Apply: email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “ADMIN COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
Flexible schedule. Bronx residents and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.