Pratt Center for Community Development seeks to hire an Outreach Coordinator to design, implement and manage a community outreach effort connecting qualified building owners and operators to the Community Retrofit NYC program. Community Retrofit NYC works with buildings from 5-50 units, providing free educational, engineering, financial, and construction management advisory services to building owners, building operators, and community residents to help simplify the energy and water efficiency retrofit process. Pratt Center is working with the program’s lead consultant BlocPower with a focus on the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Bushwick, and Williamsburg.
The Outreach Coordinator will report to and work closely with Pratt Center’s Retrofits Program Manager in crafting and implementing a successful strategy to meet program metrics. This position will require a great deal of in-the-field outreach and relationship building with a large number of individuals and organizations, therefore qualified candidates must have excellent communication and time management skills, and be highly self-motivated. This is a full-time position requiring a 35 hour work week, however it is contract-based and therefore temporary. The contract for the Community Retrofit NYC program runs from April 2017 through March 2019. Note that this position will occasionally require participation in evening and weekend events.
- Design and implement strategies to reach individual residential property owners, consortia of owners, and ownership companies (buildings with 5-50 units) in order to recruit them as participants in Community Retrofit NYC.
- Develop and utilize strategic partnerships with local affordable housing developers, economic development organizations, community boards, and community based organizations (CBOs), to leverage further marketing opportunities for the program.
- Create and deliver compelling presentations to educate strategic partners and clients about Community Retrofit NYC program opportunities.
- Provide assistance to potential program clients in the City’s energy retrofit incentive programs by responding to calls and inquiries, utilizing marketing collateral and other means relevant to assisting the client with successful program participation.
- Maintain information on partnerships, meetings, referrals, and other activities through regular written and verbal reports and the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Participate in team meetings, strategy sessions, and discussions with program partners and Pratt Center staff colleagues.
Experience: Direct experience conducting community outreach and/or organizing, preferably in the field/s of community development and/or environmental sustainability; some experience creating or designing community outreach strategies.
Knowledge and Skills: Excellent work ethic and well organized, with demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines under time constraints; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multiple audiences including public officials, business owners, property owners, property managers and residents; strong public speaking and presentation skills; Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of constituents in a diverse community, including community partners; sustainability and energy efficiency specialists and contractors; property owners; building operators; architects and designers, etc.; demonstrated sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences and intercultural competence; demonstrated ability to self-motivate and complete a rigorous work plan.
Desired but not required: fluency in Spanish; knowledge of and interest in NYC’s energy industry and environmental sustainability programs and players, and basic understanding of building science and NYC residential architecture; knowledge of (and contacts within) the Bedford-Stuyvesant and Bushwick neighborhoods.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
Job Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular