- This event has passed.
Is There a Future for Low Income Housing in New York City?
February 20, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
As vacant city-owned property disappears, funding dries up and units age out of subsidy programs, successive administrations make deals to get small amounts of low-cost housing in return for high-rise, market-rate buildings. And, while construction of new housing should be an important source of living-wage jobs, most “affordable” housing is being built with non-union labor, often in substandard conditions. Is there another solution? Moderator, Eve Baron.
- Carleton Brown, Developer, Full Spectrum
- Vicki Been, Commissioner/Daniel Hernandez, Deputy, Office of Neighborhood Strategies
- Ismene Speliotis, Mutual Housing Association of New York
- Lavon Chambers, Local 79, Laborers Union
- Barika Williams, policy director, Association for Neighborhood Housing & Development;