The New York City Labor Market Information Service (NYCLMIS), housed at the Center for Urban Research at the CUNY Graduate Center in midtown Manhattan, seeks a full-time research associate to work as part of a team that performs research on jobs and the economy, prepares career planning tools, and provides strategic consulting. The overall function of the NYCLMIS is to help education, workforce and economic development policy makers and practitioners to better align their programs and policies to the demands of the labor market. See our website for more information.
With supervision and support from the director of the NYCLMIS and other senior staff, the research associate will:
• Conduct interviews and focus groups;
• Write research and policy reports and briefs;
• Create presentation materials;
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously; and
• Participate in other research and technical assistance activities as needed.
· Master’s degree and at least 4 years’ professional experience in a related research/policy role (relevant experience may be substituted for education);
· Advanced facility with MS Word, Excel, and other Office products;
· Excellent writing skills, with a track record of summarizing complex material for a variety of audiences;
· Experience collecting and analyzing information using qualitative methods, such as document reviews (including as administrative records, or trade or scholarly literature) or semi-structured interviews;
· Comfort with and understanding of quantitative methods and ability to interpret numbers, charts, and tables; and
· Experience working within a client-centered, and team- and project-based environment.
• Experience with SPSS, SAS, STATA (or similar statistical application); and
• Familiarity with – or interest in – workforce development, career and technical education, adult continuing education, or a related policy/program area.
Compensation will be based on the candidate’s level of experience. Salary and benefits are competitive with similar positions at nonprofit and academic organizations. All submissions must be made through the Research Foundation Careers website. Go to https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=GS-1509-000726 or search for PVN # GS-1509-000726 under research careers. Only complete submissions will be reviewed.
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/American with Disabilities Act/E-Verify Employer