The People’s Climate Movement (PCM) is staffing up for our 100 Days Mobilization to resist the Trump Administration’s attacks on our planet, communities and people. We are looking to build a strong staff team that can help build out a powerful and effective mobilization that both defends the things we love, but also provides a space and opportunity for people and communities to come together to strategize, learn from one another and go back to their communities to lead to organize over the next four years.
The People’s Climate Movement is an innovative formation that includes some of the country’s most effective environmental and progressive organizations, powerful local front-line and community groups, faith organizations, arts and cultural workers, labor unions, youth organizations and community leaders. Growing out of the massive NYC march in 2014, we have been working to strengthen and expand the climate movement and connect to struggles for economic and racial justice.
We are looking to immediately hire a social media manager. Full time preferred, part time possible for the right candidate.
This position will report to Digital Coordinator and have the following responsibilities:
- Curate and craft timely, engaging social media content for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Work with Digital Coordinator to support the decentralized organizing work being done in support of April 29th
- Respond to rapidly unfolding policy changes and political developments that shape the debate on climate change and related issues
- Monitor and report on social media metrics and growth
- Develop a plan for day-of social media coverage that drives people participating in actions to participate online as well
- Strong writing skills are a must, as this person will be responsible for creating large amounts of content rapidly.
- Basic proficiency with either Canva or the Adobe Creative Suite. The People’s Climate Movement is highly visual and the ability to create compelling graphics is a must.
- Knowledge of and professional experience with commonly used social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter;
This position will be based out of Washington, DC. For the right candidates, we are flexible on when they need to be working out of Washington DC, but all staff must be based out of Washington, DC no later than March 1st. These positions are contract positions and will end on May 15th, 2017. Salary is dependent on experience, ranging between $4,500 and $5,500 per month.
People of color, women, and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.
Please submit a cover letter stating why you are interested in working with PCM and your resume to: Charlie Furman, Digital Coordinator. Please send to email@example.com. Put “Social Media Digital Assistant” in your subject line.