RepresentUs seeks an Online Campaigner (OC) to create and distribute digital content and run online advocacy campaigns for multiple statewide ballot initiatives and help us win anti-corruption victories at the ballot this November.
Reporting to the Digital Campaign Manager, the OC produces, coordinates, and distributes persuasive communications across all digital platforms for multiple in-state campaigns, ensuring that their digital strategy is deployed in an effective and timely fashion to meet the needs of the campaign. The OC will help craft and implement an online communication plan to persuade voters, increase social media contacts, grow volunteer list and engagement, support voter contact efforts, and improve conversions from online to offline actions.
Our ideal candidate is a creative and analytical thinker: you like to come up with headlines and imagery, and also to crunch numbers and nerd out with a spreadsheet. You can write persuasively and boil complex issues down to a single sentence, and know what works online. You are excited to learn new tools, aren’t afraid of HTML, and sweat the details. You love collaborating with others and can work independently.
We’re looking for the Online Campaigner to start ASAP and end on or around November 16th, 2018. This is a temporary, non-benefited position.
- Help draft campaign content, including email and social media content
- Execute campaigns, including setting up email blasts, petition pages, social media and monitoring metrics
- Execute A/B testing to optimize campaigns and inspire more people to deepen their engagement with the movement
- Ensure website content is up to date with the latest campaign information and events
- Work collaboratively to help execute creative projects
- Pitch content ideas to further the needs of in-state campaigns
- Report on performance across multiple channels, including which messages work with which audiences
- Manage assigned work stream, ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to manager’s and clients’ expectations
- 3-5 years experience (preferred but not mandatory) with online organizing and relevant platforms, such as:
- Online campaigning/organizing
- Rapid response email and social media campaigning
- Social Media advertising
- Digital/Search/Content advertising
- Facebook, Twitter, email tools, WordPress
- 3-5 years (preferred but not mandatory) in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or related field
- High level of organization, including experience coordinating multiple projects at once
- Data analysis skills, including experience using Google Analytics, Excel, or Google Sheets to crunch numbers
- Ability to take direction well and expertly manage your assigned work stream
- Excellent writing and communication skills; spelling and grammar snobs are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines, and stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Technical skills, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc. (preferred)
Please email a letter of interest, resume or portfolio, and 2-3 writing or social media samples you think best exemplify your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Online Campaigner.” Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
RepresentUs is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!