Duties and Responsibilities:
● Work with the East Harlem/El Barrio Community Land Trust board, non-profit developer, community partners, and building residents to implement development of additional projects to be included in the EHEBCLT;
● Represent the CLT in relevant meetings and community events;
● Manage all fiscal activities and business accounts;
● Handle all payroll, insurance, petty cash, track expenditure records, process reimbursements, oversee payables and vendor contracts;
● Oversee all administrative activities of the EHEBCLT;
● Create organizational systems such as a database to manage contacts;
● Assist with establishing other funding sources and submitting proposals and reports, create calendar of important dates for all proposals and reports. Maintain continuous communication and relationship with donors and partners;
● Promote tenant participation and develops trainings on various aspects of the project in conjunction with developers to expand tenant participations in decision making;
● Engage with community board, elected officials, allies and HPD to develop support for our projects;
● Increase visibility and support of the EHEBCLT throughout our catchment area and city wide;
● Participate in the growing citywide CLT movement;
● Attend meetings, conferences, and other events on behalf of the EHEBCLT;
● Educate HDFC shareholders and residents in other buildings about the EHEBCLT model about the potential benefit for them to join the EHEBCLT;
● Update, create and distribute educational materials and ensure cultural and language relevance; and
● Supervise staff, including but not limited to organizers and administrative staff.
Qualifications: A minimum of 2 – 4 years community based experience such as work with Community Land Trust, housing organizer or advocate. Some travel and weekend hours required. Public Speaking and excellent writing skills are a must. Bilingual Spanish/English is an asset.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN US – TOGETHER WE ARE POWERFUL / UNASE – ¡JUNTOS SOMOS PODEROSOS!