Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Are you passionate about public service and New York City? Do you want to have a hand in shaping its growth? Would you like to make a tangible impact in your community? Do you want to make impactful contributions towards our mission of growing good jobs and strengthening neighborhoods? Apply today!
NYCEDC is seeking a passionate Development Analyst to join our dynamic team of skilled and dedicated New Yorkers committed to making New York City a more prosperous place to live and work.
The Development Department spearheads NYCEDC and interagency efforts on complex planning and development projects which advance the City’s competitiveness, enhancing the City as a place to live, work and visit through promoting a diverse economic base; fostering vibrant, livable and accessible neighborhoods; executing keystone economic development projects; leveraging diverse waterfront assets for economic, recreational and resiliency uses; and supporting and expanding the City’s freight, maritime, aviation and transit networks. Specifically, Development works to identify strategic locations for public involvement and/or investment; develop and facilitate appropriate planning and community outreach processes; and shape land use and development.
Examples of Development’s role in key City initiatives can be seen in neighborhoods throughout the five boroughs, including in neighborhood planning efforts such as Inwood, Manhattan and Downtown Far Rockaway, Queens, and through our engagement with large-scale planning efforts including the Sunnyside Yards Overbuild Feasibility Study, the Lower Manhattan Coastal Resiliency project, and the Downtown Staten Island initiative. The Development Department works closely with staff at various City agencies in support of high-profile Administration rezoning and redevelopment efforts, and provides strategic guidance to other divisions within NYCEDC in relation to community engagement, neighborhood planning, public-private partnerships, and major infrastructure investments.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to support large-scale planning and development efforts.
- Provide support in the implementation of public outreach processes, including providing administrative and staffing support for events, workshops, charrettes, meetings, and other professional and public forums.
- Assist in the preparation of a wide variety of materials to support project teams including graphics, maps, presentations, web content, narratives, and other materials.
- Interact with administrative support departments and other project implementation stakeholders.
- Assist the Department in building and maintaining relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities; real estate and business groups; civic & community organizations; cultural and professional organizations; and advocacy groups.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with EDC staff within and beyond the Development Department.
- Consistently meet deadlines set by manager(s), and communicate to manager(s) any changes to agreed-upon schedules.
- Produce high-quality meeting materials and presentations.
- Develop basic understanding of internal administrative processes such as procurement and contracting.
- Passion for public service and New York City
- Undergraduate degree
- 1 – 2 years of work experience, including any previous internship experience.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
- Experience with public outreach processes and communications with community stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Impressive academic and extracurricular qualifications, consistently strong performance, and a passion for innovation and success
- An ability to work and communicate well in a fast paced environment while interacting with a wide variety of people
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills, a willingness to accept responsibility, ask tough questions, and have a solutions-oriented approach
- NYC residency within 180 days of hire
- Demonstrated interest in economic or community planning and development
- Understanding of and interest in urban planning, infrastructure and economic development issues, including real estate development and finance
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and leadership skills, including interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Graphic design, mapping, presentation, and geo-analytical skills preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and ArcGIS preferred, but not required
About NYCEDC: The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.