DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement comprehensive media and digital campaign plans to advance Planned Parenthood’s health care and education goals, including both traditional media and digital outreach and engagement.
- Draft press releases, statements, op-eds, internal memos, briefings, fact sheets, and other materials that support health and education work; work closely with digital staff to ensure that social media content reflects health campaign goals and tone.
- Pitch reporters and digital content partners to proactively promote Planned Parenthood, its health and education initiatives, and its positions; respond to inquiries from reporters and content producers.
- Identify journalists and content platforms to connect more deeply with Planned Parenthood. Maintain contact lists and build relationships with key journalists and content producers at a range of outlets.
- Work closely with Digital Content and Campaigns teams to plan, manage, and execute health campaigns via web and social media.
- Coordinate with national staff and coalition partners and other allies to implement shared media and digital campaign goals.
- Produce or assist with media-related events and trainings; complete other special projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- BA degree preferred, with related college courses or professional training a plus.
- 4-6 years of work experience, with experience working directly with members of traditional and digital media, including reporters, producers, bloggers, and writers, preferred.
- Knowledge of online publishing, web content, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Snapchat, Instagram).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must write and edit proficiently and quickly.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills; a team player with the ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
- Highly organized and motivated, with the ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences is required.