The RESEARCH ANALYST will provide research support for SEIU Healthcare 1199NW’s campaigns to build power and improve standards for healthcare workers. Campaigns can include bargaining and contract fights, external organizing campaigns, issue fights, and public policy campaigns. This position reports to the Lead Research Analyst.
- strong commitment to social and economic justice
- bachelor’s degree with course work in economics, finance, and/or accounting
- quantitative analysis skills and attention to detail:
o The ability to learn how to conduct deep analyses of healthcare employer finances and business models is essential to the role.
o The ability and/or interest to learn how to analyze health and retirement benefit plans.
- knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry and/or the public sector preferred
- willingness to work long and irregular hours if needed
- proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as good internet and database research skills
- compiles, analyzes, summarizes, and presents information on industries, companies, individuals, and issues in support of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW’s program
- gathers information through desk research as well as field research, both qualitative and quantitative – including site visits, interviews, attending public meetings and industry events, and more
- synthesizes relevant facts and reports from a large amount of information
- develops and implements a weekly work plan; meets deadlines
- learns new skills and areas of expertise
- performs other duties as required to support the union and its mission
Physical Requirements: Work is performed in an office and in the field. Irregular hours and periods of travel may be required. Ability to drive, access to a reliable automobile, and possession of a valid Washington state driver’s license required.
Compensation: Competitive salary and excellent benefits as set by collective bargaining agreement. The salary range is $52,900 to $81,400 (depending on experience) plus an automobile allowance.
Employment Term: This is a permanent position, with a six (6) month initial probationary period.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to Penny Lowry, email@example.com
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an equal opportunity employer committed to organizational equity and inclusion. People of Color, women, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.