This position will lead YouthBuild USA’s external digital communications initiatives including day-to-day content creation for the organization’s social media channels, website, and email communications. The Manager of Digital Communications will develop and execute strategic campaigns and digital initiatives to attract new followers and build brand awareness for YouthBuild on a global level. The successful candidate will require a strong knowledge of social media analytics, digital design proficiencies and innovative best practices.
The Manager of Digital Communications is a full-time position and will report to the Senior Director of Communications. This individual will work closely with various departments, as well as local YouthBuild sites, corporate partners and funders to enhance YouthBuild’s visibility and advance its mission.
- Maps out a comprehensive social media marketing plan to engage current followers and expand our audiences across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat and YouTube).
- Manages social reporting and analytics for all social channels, while tracking and evaluating the overall performance of channels to develop more effective campaigns.
- Designs and creates powerful and engaging social media content with on-brand imagery and videos.
- Develops, updates and manages content for website by using back-end CMS system.
- Assists with ideation, planning and execution of photography, video and multimedia content; works with communications team to develop a library of high quality photos, videos and other digital assets that focus on youth stories of transformation and success.
- Monitors trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Assists in developing social media guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Establishes a cohesive process for gathering and filtering social media content.
- Increases internal employees’ enthusiasm for and presence on personal social media channels to amplify YouthBuild’s posts and brand recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Creative thinker with strong writing skills, a distinctive voice, and enthusiasm for introducing new ideas.
- Excellent communication and organization skills across multiple stakeholders.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining a robust follower base across all social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience in photography and video production is a plus.
- Ability to deliver accurate, thorough and consistent work with acute attention to detail in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration by Friday, May 18, 2018.