Address: 7111 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11209
About the Organization:
The Arab American Association of New York is a 501(c)(3) not for profit social service organization located in Brooklyn, New York. Our mission is to support and empower the Arab immigrant community by providing services that will help them to adjust to their new homeland and become active members of American society. Our aim is for families to achieve the ultimate goals of independence, productivity, and stability.
About the Position:
AAANY is looking for a dynamic Youth Organizer to maintain and expand our critical youth programming. Applicants should be committed to building strong relationships with Arab American and immigrant youth residing in Bay Ridge and Sunset Park, Brooklyn, with the goal of strengthening the capacity of these young leaders to affect change in their communities.
● Ensuring AAANY’s Youth Racial Justice program has a successful, engaged cohort of youth participating in weekly afterschool programming.
● Overseeing curriculum planning and evaluation processes for the Youth Racial Justice Program
● Recruiting students and promoting consistent participation in youth programming.
● Develop and manage new and existing cultural and programmatic partnerships
● Grant reporting and presenting information to stakeholders
● Promoting AAANY’s advocacy work on social media and print promotional materials.
● Supporting AAANY’s campaigns which include civic engagement, police accountability, and immigrant rights
● Conducting outreach activities in the community
● Mobilize youth and community members around advocacy actions such as voter registration, direct actions, advocacy campaigns, etc.
● Attend staff meetings
● Complete work plans and reports in a timely fashion
● Other tasks as assigned
● Strong capacity as a writer, educator, communicator, and administrator
● Organized, flexible, and easily adapts to change
● Ability to work independently and as a team-player
● Comfort with public speaking and developing relationships with community members
● Capable of developing curricula and has experience working with youth
● Extreme attention to detail in writing, budgeting, and relationship building
● Familiar and comfortable with various web platforms and digital technologies
● Enjoys working with and mentoring teenagers
● A self-starter determined to provide quality programs for teens
● Commitment to social justice and the empowerment of communities of color
● Bilingual English/Arabic/Urdu/Spanish preferred
Level of Language Proficiency: Bilingual English/Arabic preferred
Professional Level: None specified
Minimum Education Required: 4-year degree
How To Apply
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to applications@ArabAmericanNY.org with “Youth Organizer” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible