Local 372-DC37 seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of the Labor Movement while marketing for a well-known Municipal Union.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will work directly with the Director of Information Technology. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Updating and maintaining Local 372 social media presence
• Updating the Local 372 website when needed
• Assisting in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter and biannually hard copy newsletter.
• Drafting, distributing, and pitching news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Designing flyers, graphics, e-Invites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Local 372
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Completed or working toward degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, or Labor Studies)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint,
Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the Labor Movement.
Please send resume (and portfolio) to email@example.com