Winter/Spring 2018 Internship
Business Outreach Center Network (BOC) is seeking an intern for the Spring 2018 semester who can assist with developing a social media strategy and greater web presence for BOC’s industrial advocacy projects—The Maspeth Industrial Business Association (MIBA), and the East Brooklyn Industrial Partnership (EBIP). The intern will also have the opportunity to interface with industrial businesses and explore NYC’s industrial terrain. The intern will be expected to work for 15-20 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship but we will be happy to help you receive academic credit.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and creating content for social media platforms
- Building/updating websites for EBIP amd MIBA
- Assistance with updating geodatabase of industrial businesses, industrial projects, and other developments occurring in the IBZ’s with the possibility of making such a database accessible through the website
- Data analysis, graphics and reporting
- Site visits at industrial areas, photographing and surveying IBZ’s for local conditions report
- Canvassing and general outreach to local industrial businesses
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with QGIS
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Currently enrolled in graduate level coursework in Public Policy, Urban Planning, or Public Administration
The Business Outreach Center Network is a non-for-profit microenterprise and small business development organization with local services in all five boroughs of New York City and Newark, New Jersey. BOC affiliate CDFI BOC Capital Corp. provides microloans and small business loans to its target market of underserved entrepreneurs in the NYC Metropolitan area. As part of its economic development mission BOC also provide services to industrial and manufacturing businesses throughout East Brooklyn and Central Queens as well as managing services for the seven IBZ’s (Industrial Business Zones) scattered throughout these areas.
How To Apply: