Are You Ready to Make a Difference?
The Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) is pleased to announce the fifth year of our national scholarship competition, which is dedicated to supporting diversity in leadership in the labor movement and in labor studies.
Application Deadline is: February 2nd, 2018
If you’re seeking to make a difference, advocating for equity within the community, workplace, or the world, then the Joseph S. Murphy Scholarship for Diversity in Labor will help you achieve those goals. As a scholarship recipient, you will:
- Earn an MA in Labor Studies or BA in Urban and Community Studies
- Advance professionally and personally in a supportive environment
- Explore the dynamics of urban life, community empowering, and labor organizing
- Strengthen your ability to advocate for labor rights, stronger communities, and social justice
- Receive up to $30,000 for graduate study or up to $20,000 for undergraduate study
- For graduate scholarship: First-time entering students in the MA in Labor Studies degree program with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- For undergraduate scholarship: First-time entering students or continuing students in the BA in Urban and Community Studies degree program, with a concentration in Labor Studies and a minimum 2.5 GPA
Application deadline is February 2nd, 2018.