The Organization: The Center for Family Life has been at the forefront of the development of immigrant worker-owned businesses for the past 11 years.
● We are now scaling the impact of worker cooperative development through innovative models including social franchising and the development of a tech platform (upandgo.coop) to help worker cooperatives market their services and better compete in the gig/sharing economy.
● We believe that in current times more than ever it is important to strengthen community self-reliance and build leadership and advocacy. We invite you to be part of creating a new economic system that puts people and the planet above profit.
The Position: We’re looking for an Up & Go Cooperative Developer, who is bilingual in English and Spanish,
with project management and facilitation skills and experience with organizing, coalition building or ongoing
group development. Qualified candidates may have a B.A. or M.A. in Social Work, Sociology, Community Development, Business, Public Administration or other related fields. The pay range we are offering is $42,000 to $45,000.
● This position includes providing business development and group process assistance to worker-owners. You will support the development of Up & Go as well as a local tutoring cooperative and other cooperative initiatives.
● We offer excellent health (medical and dental) benefits, 4 weeks of vacation and sick leave.
● Our collaborative team fosters leadership and skill development internally and in the coop movement.
Why Should You Apply?
● Make a Difference! The most rewarding thing about working with us is that you are part of making a real difference for immigrant workers and entrepreneurs you build ongoing relationships with – you see the concrete impact of the work every day.
● Diverse and Creative Work. The range of responsibilities vary from conducting business feasibility studies or strategizing about business growth, preparing political education curriculum and facilitating meetings, partnering with legal counsel to navigate legal incorporation and governance issues, to individual and group leadership development coaching. The diversity of tasks can be demanding, but if you are up for the challenge we can promise it will never get boring.
● Great team of Dynamic Change Makers who share your passion for positive social change.
Please send us your full resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Subject line should include: “Up & Go Cooperative Developer Position.”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We are aiming for a December 4th, 2017 start date.
The Center for Family Life, which is a program of SCO Family of Services, is an equal opportunity employer. Women,
people of color, LGBTQI identified people and people with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.