Community League of the Heights (CLOTH) is seeking a full-time Project Manager to oversee the redevelopment of various buildings of affordable housing in Washington Heights, New York. CLOTH is an experienced affordable housing developer with a portfolio of 36 properties. This is an opportunity to redevelop and preserve affordable housing for families in NYC in a dynamic, community-based organization.
Background: Community League of the Heights (CLOTH) is a multi-faceted community development and service organization dedicated to supporting and empowering the economically disadvantaged residents of Inwood, Washington Heights and Hamilton Heights. Our mission is to provide the knowledge, resources, and opportunities our residents need to empower themselves and their community. Our work encompasses advocacy, organizing and the providing of services related to decent affordable housing, education, health, youth services and neighborhood improvement. Since our inception in 1952, CLOTH has grown from an all-volunteer agency focused on the youth of Washington Heights to an influential community development corporation. CLOTH offers an array of services including an after school program, a middle and high school for 690 students annually, a food pantry that feeds 400 families a week, and a technology center that provides workforce development, adult education classes and access to computers.
In addition to our health and education community-based programs, CLOTH is a highly experienced developer of affordable housing and a recognized leader in the transformation of distressed properties into high quality affordable homes. CLOTH’s housing portfolio currently includes 36 properties with a total of 557 units located in the neighborhoods of Inwood, Washington Heights and Hamilton Heights. Our properties serve a variety of different populations including the formerly homeless, youth aging out of foster care, those with chronic mental illness, the elderly, and families. With extensive experience in low-income housing tax credits, HOME, RAD, and other programs, CLOTH has successfully secured millions of dollars in project financing to redevelop and preserve hundreds of units of affordable housing.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
This Project Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate Development and will be responsible for implementing a range of projects from pre-development through construction and permanent financing conversion. The Project Manager will serve as the primary point person for CLOTH’s redevelopment projects and will be responsible for ensuring the on-time and on-budget completion of projects. The Project Manager must have the ability to work both as part of a team and independently on complex assignments. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manage real estate development projects from predevelopment through construction
- Oversee project development and team.
- Review and negotiate project legal and contract documents.
- Monitor construction process including progress schedules and project financial management.
- Prepare, analyze, and revise functional pro formas
- Communicate with internal and external development team members (i.e. architect, contractor, HPD, or other consultants).
- Develop and track project budgets before and during construction.
- Coordinate relocation for existing tenants during construction
- Marketing and selling of rehabilitated affordable units
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Planning, Public Administration or Business preferred.
- Minimum two years of real estate experience required.
- Real estate development experience, including experience in affordable and LIHTC housing development preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with NYC HPD programs such as YR 15, PLP etc.
- Solid understanding of operating budgets and proformas with experience in the use of various related computer programs including Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to successfully manage and complete complex development projects that involve multiple sources of financing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with directed, but limited, supervision.
- Experience with and interest in working in a community-based organization
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English preferred
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, paid vacation and personal days.
For more information on our organization please visit our website at www.cloth159.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- real estate: 2 years
- Project Management: 1 year