25 W. 43rd St., 18th Floor, New York, NY
Program at 6pm, reception to follow
Join us to discuss and celebrate the publication of The City Is the Factory: New Solidarities and Spatial Strategies in an Urban Age, co-edited by Miriam Greenberg, University of Santa Cruz and Penny Lewis, Murphy Institute, CUNY.
Contributors will be joined by local organizers to discuss today’s urban-based struggles for change. What are the new kinds of organizing that we’re seeing emerging in cities today? What challenges do they face, what potential do they have?
- Penny Lewis, Murphy Institute, CUNY
- Miriam Greenberg, University of Santa Cruz
- Shannon Gleason, Cornell University
- Melissa Checker, Queens College, CUNY
- Stephanie Luce, Murphy Institute, CUNY
After the discussion join us the us to celebrate the publication of this important anthology.