Green Worker Cooperatives is a Bronx-based organization dedicated to incubating worker-owned green businesses in order to build a strong local economy rooted in democracy and environmental justice. We train and develop worker cooperatives that have a positive environmental impact and enable the transformation of their members and community. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for managing all fundraising initiatives for the organization. The Coordinator is expected to research prospective foundations, write proposals & grant reports, and grow our base of individual donors The Development Coordinator is supported by a team of volunteers in these efforts and is responsible for coordinating their efforts.
● Recruit and manage a team of volunteers to assist in all fundraising activities
● organize at least one fundraising event per year
● Prepare monthly appeal letters for potential donors
● Maintain regular communications with existing donors
● research & identify potential grant funders
● write and edit grant proposals
● complete grant reports
● schedule meetings with foundation representatives and manage all related communications
● represent GWC at relevant meetings, events, conferences, etc.
● Fundraising and raising capital
● Excellent writing skills
● Excellent listening skills
● Excellent research skills
● comfortable reviewing financial statements
● 2 years experience writing grant proposals or leading individual donor campaigns
● Able to work both independently and as part of a team
● Knowledge of worker cooperatives
● Bronx residents preferred
Salary: P/T, 20 hours per week at $30 an hour. Includes generous health, vacation/personal/sick days/parental leave, and professional development benefits.
Start Date: Position begins immediately.
To Apply: email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
Flexible schedule. Bronx residents and people of color strongly encouraged to apply