CUNY SPS provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers. Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
The Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies is a collaboration between the University and New York City labor unions, for the purpose of serving the educational, policy and research needs of unions and their members. The Institute is comprised of two centers. The mission of the Center for Worker Education is to; 1) offer undergraduate and graduate programs to working adult students and union members; 2) expand access to colleges throughout the CUNY system; and 3) partner with labor unions and employers to address training and educational needs of union members. The Center for Labor, Community, and Policy Studies conducts research, offers leadership development programs, hosts forums and national conferences, publishes articles, books and a nation labor journal to promote debate on issues critical to labor’s future and its policy role.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Worker Education, the Academic Program Manager for Urban Studies will manage all administrative aspects of the Institute’s Urban Studies program. He/she will working collaboration with the faculty overseeing these programs to ensure administrative adherence to academic policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manages recruitment, admissions, registration, internship placement, and graduation reviews for undergraduate and graduate certificate and degree programs
– Consults with faculty and Institute leadership on curricular and other academic matters
– Supervises Urban Studies team, including program coordinators and clerical assistants
– Oversees outreach to the community
– Manages in consultation with Academic Director all departmental course scheduling
– Assists Director and Associate Director with strategic planning to expand the program
– Conducts various research and data collection assignments in support of the Director
– Manages regular and ongoing coordination between administrative offices
Bachelor’s Degree and six years’ relevant experience required.
– Advanced degree
– Higher education administrative experience
– Experience within CUNY
– Knowledge of the academic fields of Urban Studies, Community Studies, and/or Public Administration
– Practical knowledge of urban institutions and grass roots community organizations
– Familiarity with public policy and the policy making process
– Experience with non-profit organizations
– Experience with curriculum management
– Strong writing and oral communication skills
– Experience with student recruitment and enrollment management
– Ability to examine, evaluate and re-design administrative operations and procedures
– Ability to analyze and solve problems
– Ability to use independent judgment and maintain records containing confidential student information
– Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a faced-paced, demanding, and complex work environment.
Salary Range: $61,394 to $106,700
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages curriculum development and operations of a College’s specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
– Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
– Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
– Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
– Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
– May manage professional and/or clerical staff
– May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
September 16, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.