New Labor Forum is a national labor journal published three times a year by the Murphy Institute and the City University of New York (CUNY). We are looking for a web designer/coder to advise and implement changes to our WordPress website at newlaborforum.cuny.edu. We hope to complete the work within 6-8 weeks.
The work will involve:
- Leading a (short) discovery process to complete our development roadmap
- Advising us on design changes that will improve our key metrics
- Implementing changes in the CUNY Commons hosting system for WordPress sites
The qualified candidate will be:
- Able to implement solutions regarding design and coding
- Capable of navigating the restrictions imposed by CUNY Commons.
- Freelance professional (We are not looking for an established agency)
- Capable of finishing work updates in a timely fashion
- Hands-on and detail-oriented
- Those planning to subcontract parts of this work to others should not apply
To apply, please email Samantha Valente at Samantha.Valente@cuny.edu with a link to your portfolio, availability, and physical location. We have a preference for candidates who can meet with us in New York City, but full-time residence here is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with review of applications to begin as soon as possible.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.