Passaic County CASA for Children mobilizes community volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children in foster care. The organization envisions a community where every child has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive.
You have the opportunity to join the Passaic County CASA for Children staff family during it’s 10th Anniversary year in the role of Community Engagement Coordinator and to embrace the goal of providing every child in foster care with a voice who is waiting to be supported by a volunteer advocate.
Over 625 children are in the Passaic County foster care system each year but due to a lack of volunteers, only 215 had the benefit of an advocate to speak up for them last year. As the Community Engagement Coordinator, you will work with the existing CASA staff and the Board of Directors to change this statistic and ensure every abused/neglected child has a voice. Please visit our website to learn more about Passaic County CASA for Children www.passaiccountycasa.org
- Undergraduate degree or commensurate education and work experience combination will be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree
- 2-3 years experience in recruitment, marketing, public relations, volunteer management, or community outreach. Creative thinker with innovative recruitment ideas
- Experience with nonprofit and working with volunteers
- Flexible availability to attend community events on nights/weekends as needed
- Measurable experience in networking and initiating contacts
- Experience coordinating presentations and public speaking
- Proven skills in organizing and managing information, events and meetings
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Proven experience in juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing deadlines
- Needs to be confident, flexible and responsible
- Computer and collection of data experience
- Social media marketing experience
- General knowledge of children services
- Must have a great sense of humor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Annual Recruitment Plan
- Achieves stated strategic planning for the recruitment of a diverse array of volunteers by using a pro-active and innovative approach to educating interested persons and companies about Passaic County CASA
- Actively recruits potential volunteers outside of the CASA office.
- Assists with the development of creative pieces that target potential volunteers. (Website, postcards, direct mail pieces, flyers etc.).
- Researches and implements creative ways to promote the mission of Passaic County CASA and implement a soft-sell recruitment approach at all appropriate Passaic County CASA for Children special events.
- Creates and distributes material on various communication channels (newsletter, website, social media)
- Coordinates the Passaic County CASA Speakers Bureau and Ambassadors program. This include securing speaking engagements for our speakers bureau members.
- Coordinates all media activities including print, television and radio.
How To Apply
To be the newest member of our amazing staff family, please submit a cover letter sharing “why you” and resume via email to Resumes@passaiccountycasa.org. All applications must include a cover letter. Resumes without cover letter will not be considered.