Degree and area of specialization:
|Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.|
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
|– Minimum 2 years of experience in community outreach, economic development, and/or working with diverse stakeholders.
– Knowledge of business planning, project management, business operating and financing practices, organization structure, and business development practices.
– Knowledge of cooperatives preferred.
– High degree of competency using Excel, Word, and WordPress or equivalent
– Excellent communication skills, including experience with multi-media channels and communication with diverse stakeholders
– Fluency in a language in addition to English preferred.
|This position will support the outreach program of the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives, with a focus on cooperative development. Responsibilities will include assisting start-up cooperative groups, providing education to new and established cooperatives, supporting grant preparation, and providing input on Center outreach activities. The successful candidate will be part of a team that supports new cooperative businesses through technical assistance, education and outreach services.|
|Cooperative development: (30%)
– Assess and respond to requests for assistance
– Provide guidance and facilitation to groups interested in starting new cooperatives or converting existing businesses to cooperative ownership.
– Develop processes to assess community needs and connect them with appropriate resources. Work directly with community organizations to build internal co-op development capacity and coordinate technical assistance services.
Outreach and Education: (50%)
Grant support: (20%)
|– The hire shall be given an initial 1 year fixed term terminal appointment. This position may be extended up to a 24 month fixed term terminal appointment or may be converted to a renewable appointment depending on program needs and funding availability.|
|A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required