We’re looking for a person who has experience managing a portfolio of non-governmental grants, including developing proposals and budgets, has experience developing and maintaining a Salesforce database (or other CRM system), and has a proven experience managing relationships with clients. The right candidate will be exceptionally articulate, obsessively detail oriented, capable of finding solutions on their own, and tenaciously driven to reach aggressive goals. You should be personally fulfilled doing a combination of writing and budget development (60%), data management and standardization across teams (20%), relationship management (10%) and prospect research (10%). To thrive at ioby, you believe in the power of resident-led action in making change, and are committed to racial and economic justice.
Extraordinary candidates will have experience managing up to C-level staff, and experience working in an anti-racist organization.
Women, people of color and LGBT people are always strongly encouraged to apply.
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
- Manage ioby’s non-governmental grants portfolio ($2MM-$4MM budget) including:
- Pursuing new opportunities
- Managing ongoing grants and deliverables
- Growing award size from Foundations
- Strategically guide Growth Team to reach ambitious new budget goals and seize on new programmatic opportunities
- Lead development of all grant-related communications including proposals, LOIs, interim and final reports, budgets, and financial reports.
- Support Executive Director with relationship management of Program Officers.
- Maintain accurate and streamlined systems for reporting to be the go-to person for any metric-related questions about ioby’s impact and key results from Foundations.
60% Development of grant-related communications:
- Drafting and editing grant proposals with Executive Director, and other staff as necessary
- Drafting and editing budgets to go alongside proposal narratives
- Develop interim and final reports for ongoing grants
- Coordinate financial reports with Executive Director, COO, and Operations Manager for ongoing grants
10% Data management
- Maintain tracking system for prospecting, proposal due dates, award statuses, cash flows, and grant deliverables in Salesforce
- Develop new ways to streamline data management
10% Data Standardization
- Stay up to date on organization metrics through pulling Salesforce Reports, coordinating the development of a Growth Team dashboard with Operations team, and communicating and standardizing metrics across teams and proposals.
10% Relationship management
- Be point-person for relationships and communication between ioby and Program Officers and their staff at Foundations
- Conduct cultivation activities to manage healthy and growing relationships with current funders
- Join funder meetings
10% Prospect Research
- Continuously identify new opportunities for future funding
- Lead cultivation efforts of new prospects
This job is based at ioby’s Brooklyn office. ioby’s regular business hours are 9-6pm Monday through Friday, but this job will require occasional work outside regular business hours. ioby is a startup: You’ll be expected to bring new ideas, strategies, revise your work on short timelines and bring an attitude of continuous improvement and a culture of innovation.
Candidates for this position must have the following work experience.
- 1-3 years of professional experience managing non-governmental grants or in philanthropy, including experience with grant budget development
- 1-3 years of professional experience with database management in Salesforce (or other CRM system)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- Strong facility managing simultaneous projects, under pressure
- Exceptionally articulate; able to simply explain a nuanced and layered solution to a complex set of problems
- Meticulous by nature with a passion for detail
- Efficient and adaptable in startup culture
- Highly organized, self-starting, deadline-driven, and readily asks questions
- Proven experience creating new systems or workflows to increase efficiency of team
- Strong interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and team orientation; excellent listening and collaboration skills; team player with a sense of humor and a life outside of work
- Knowledge of the space in which ioby exists, including civic crowdfunding, civic tech, urban planning, community organization, healthy communities, placemaking, shifting trends in philanthropy, urban sustainability and resiliency, and climate mitigation and adaptation.
Extraordinary candidates will have these qualifications.
- Experience managing a small development team
- Experience across various funding sources, including non-governmental, government, and individual donor programs
- Training or professional experience with nonprofit finance
- Experience working as a one-person team
- Historical knowledge of the cities where ioby has offices: New York City, Memphis, Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh
- Knowledge of grassroots fundraising
This is a full-time position, with a salary range of $53,000 – $95,000, and includes a generous benefit package, including full coverage for health, eye and dental, a minimum of 28 personal days, and an attractive “Whole Person” policy.
Apply by June 23, 2017.