About Global Citizen
Our vision is a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is an international campaigning and advocacy organization whose mission is to increase the number and effectiveness of people taking action against extreme poverty by 2030.
Through our mix of content and events, grassroots organizing, and extensive reach through our digital channels, we are building the world’s largest movement for social action. Since 2012, Global Citizens around the world have taken over six million actions to solve the world’s biggest challenges. The actions by our global community along with ours and partners’ high-level advocacy efforts have resulted in 130 commitments and policy announcements from leaders, including financial aid valued at over $25.6 billion that is set to affect the lives of 656 million people.
We are inspired by the incredible progress achieved by the global community in halving the percentage of people living in extreme poverty in the last 30 years. We know that the injustice of living on less than USD $1.90 a day can be ended by 2030.
We believe that when an organized, critical mass of individuals in society aspire to the values of Global Citizen, and when they are organized and equipped to take meaningful action, we can change the policies and practices that contribute to keeping people in extreme poverty.
The U.S. Policy and Advocacy Associate will lead Global Citizen campaigns focused on grassroots issues within the U.S. The campaigns portfolio will include, education, water, sanitation and the environment, child health and vaccinations, food security, and other issues related to poverty reduction in the U.S. The associate will also support the larger policy team with federal and global campaigns.
You’ll be channeling the energy of millions of Global Citizens by creating effective actions, linking their passion to the campaigns that will make the biggest difference to breaking down the barriers that keep people poor.
You’ll develop a strategy for engaging key members of congress in district, as well as other key influencers at the state and local level, and will be responsible for mobilizations across many priority issues.
This role requires about 40% travel throughout the United States.
- Lead Global Citizen campaigns within local and grassroots level through sector and partner coordination, grassroot mobilization, key influencer engagement (ex: elected leaders and corporate partners) and event/moment planning
- Support and assist with organizing, campaigning, advocacy, and outreach efforts
- Coordinate event logistics and manage volunteers for small and large-scale user activations, events, and concerts
- Develop engaging content about ongoing campaigning and advocacy work in the U.S.
- Identify, research, and create partnerships with elected leaders and civil society organizations to drive Global Citizen campaigns forward
- Develop briefs on policy issues related to the greater objectives of the Global Citizen
- Draft impact reports following campaigning events, and track campaigning and advocacy work to be included in monthly reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to Global Citizen’s work
- Knowledge of U.S. Government operations and practices
- Knowledge and experience with non-governmental organizations, international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Experience working in event logistics and coordination
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience identifying and developing partner relationships
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ease with public speaking
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to handle projects with professionalism and discretion while meeting tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Domestic Travel 40%
- Experience using relationship management software (Zoho, Salesforce, etc.) to track partner relations and to file reports
- Previous Campaign Experience
- Spanish Language
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume submission.