Mayday Space is an organizing center and events space for grassroots organizations to host their meetings, conferences, fundraiser parties, leadership retreats and more. Mayday is both a neighborhood resource and a citywide destination for engaging programming, a home for radical thought and debate, and a welcoming gathering place for people to work, learn, and build together. Mayday is driven by a volunteer Collective and supports various affiliated projects committed to our shared mission and shared stewardship.
We are looking for a dedicated, visionary, and detail-oriented Project Coordinator to work alongside other Mayday stakeholders to help run the space and expand our transformative impact. People of Color, immigrants, LGBTQ candidates and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Scope and Compensation:
The responsibilities below reflect a 30hrs/week schedule for an ideal candidate with the right schedule availability and skillset to match. If the right candidate is only available for 20hrs/week, we may be able to tailor the position. Should funding and need expand, this position could grow into a 40hrs/week schedule, based on priorities set by the Mayday Collective. We provide living wages at $20/hr.
- Respond to emails from groups seeking space within 2 business days
- Ensure Caretaker has weekly schedule for opening and closing for booked groups outside of open hours.
- Provide scheduling support for Mayday-affiliated projects.
- Work with the Mayday Collective to troubleshoot any questionable groups who want to book the space.
- Invoice booked groups online and collect payment in cash.
- Deposit cash and checks to Mayday’s bank account weekly.
- Collect receipts.
- Work with bookkeeper to provide monthly statements.
- Support Fundraising Coordinator in providing documentation.
- Liaise with our Fiscal Sponsor for any documents we / they may need.
Open Hours & Volunteer Coordination
- Maintain Mayday Space open hours Monday – Friday 3-8pm.
- Provide support to interns in conjunction with the Mayday Collective.
- Orient and coordinate volunteers during open hours and channel them into supporting projects put forth by the Mayday Collective.
Relationship with Building Partners
- Maintain positive relationships with leadership and parishioners of both congregations we share the building with.
- Be available to address concerns raised by the church leadership in coordination with the Caretaker.
- Attend a monthly Building Partners meeting.
- Tracking groups who use the space for future documentation and fundraising.
- Create daily content for Mayday social media.
- Produce the weekly e-blast.
- Expand Mayday engagement in other Social Media platforms (IG, Twitter, etc).
- Add in email addresses to Mail Chimp from sign up sheets.
- Create Facebook events for Mayday events as needed.
Support Mayday Collective
- Participate in biweekly Collective meetings as needed.
- Support scheduling for Collective meetings, programming, Family Throwdowns, etc.
- Carry out work on behalf of the collective as agreed upon
Monday – Friday 3-8pm at Mayday Space = 25 hours
Floating time = 5 hours for remote email and coordination work and to support other space needs based on booking schedule.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Residents of Brooklyn (preferably Bushwick)
- Experience with social movements, community organizing and activism
- Detail-oriented with strong skills in project management, excellent time-management, and self-motivated
The deadline to apply is May 12th, but we will begin interviewing as resumes come in. Send resume and cover letter (ideally as PDFs with your full name in each attachment) to email@example.com, subject line: Mayday Project Coordinator.