The Advocacy and Communications Coordinator will support agency-wide efforts that serve to further BOOM!Health’s public policy, advocacy, community organizing and communications priorities in alignment with the agency’s mission and strategic vision. The Advocacy and Communications Coordinator will support all community events and activities, particularly in the areas of HIV/AIDS, HCV, homelessness and drug policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advocacy and Community Organizing
- Uplift community organizing efforts and community awareness campaigns in accordance with BOOM!Health’s policy platform.
- Support Advocacy Manager with Participant and Consumer Advisory Boards.
- Plan and organize public events such as community meetings, workshops, trainings, and policy briefings.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with coalition members, government officials, allied organizations, and other community stakeholders of the Bronx and New York City.
- Represent BOOM!Health on local and statewide coalitions.
- Support legislative, regulatory, and/or judicial policy analysis.
- Expand community mobilization database.
- Curate social media and newsletter content.
- Manage agency-wide event calendar and relevant event promotions, including promotional material design and development.
Administration & Leadership
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports that track department progress and accomplishments.
- Reinforce advocacy as a core value of the organizational culture.
- Mentor peer advocates and program participants.
- Foster teambuilding and advocacy/communications skill development.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field of study.
- Minimum of two years experience working with special populations, including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, people living with HIV and HCV, active drug users and the homeless.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with policy analysis, coalition building and stakeholder relations.
- Deep understanding of and commitment to harm reduction theory and practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocacy/activism.
How To Apply: