Long Island City Partnership is seeking an experienced full-time events coordinator to produce and manage community and panel events, including: networking events, a large-scale street festival, a full-day conference, and B2B trade show. Click here to view past LIC Partnership events. A core part of LIC Partnership’s mission is to connect community members and drive economic development through a robust program of 10+ events annually. This is a unique opportunity to thrive in a small, fast-paced organization across a wide range of event types in a community-driven role within a rapidly growing neighborhood.
LIC Partnership (LICP) is the neighborhood development organization for Long Island City (LIC). Our mission is to advocate for economic development that benefits the area’s industrial, commercial, tech, cultural, tourism, and residential sectors. The goal is to attract new businesses to LIC, retain those already here, welcome new residents and visitors, and promote a vibrant and authentic mixed-use community. More information can be found at licqns.com.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Production management of all event elements, including:
- Preparing and overseeing detailed event planning timelines and benchmarks
- Coordinating event logistics with multiple vendors, sponsors, participants, staff and volunteers
- Maintaining registration process, invitation lists, and RSVPs
- Managing day-of event logistics including: event set-up, event materials, check-in processes, production elements (A/V), catering, run of show, event break-down and overall troubleshooting
- Preparing post-event reports and materials
– Assist Director of Marketing and Events on event marketing elements such as signage, sponsor activations, and event marketing collateral/strategy
– Maintain LICP’s online community events calendar and venues guide
– Bachelor’s degree, plus experience coordinating special events, with a track record of varied events
– Knowledgeable in the roles BIDs or local development corporations play in assisting neighborhood businesses
– Experience and comfort working with VIPs and leading volunteers
– Entrepreneurial and creative, with a strong team spirit
– Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize and relay information to others, with meticulous attention to detail
– Strong writing, communications, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people including elected officials, sponsors and other community stakeholders
– Solid management skills, including planning, goal-setting, budgeting and management of event participants, staff, vendors and volunteers
– Basic knowledge of Salesforce database, basic design skills, event software/tech and email marketing familiarity preferred
– Analytical skills a plus, especially in regards to reporting
HOW TO APPLY
The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Events, and interested candidates may send their resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples to Krishna Patel, Director of Marketing & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Events Coordinator”.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Long Island City Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.