Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) –An innovative and progressive community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator to lead our economic development work and implement a community-driven approach to create thriving commercial areas, successful neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity.
Civic/Community Organizing and Advocacy for Local businesses and residents
- Organize and support new and existing merchant associations.
- Represent BSDC and community interests at public forums and community events.
- Identify needs and organize campaign strategies.
- Coordinate and lead community education activities, meetings, workshops, and events for local businesses and residents
- Coordinate, support and provide technical assistance to member-led steering committee for merchant/non-profit associations.
- Collaborate with community partners.
- Develop and implement programing to enhance neighborhood businesses and access to economic opportunity for local residents.
- Assist in identify and developing funding proposal.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Outreach and Marketing
- Plan, coordinate and implement targeted outreach.
- Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations, to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s programs, services and organizational initiatives.
- Conduct outreach and tabling in the community and at community events.
- Attend regular Central Brooklyn community meetings, such as Pct. Council and Community Boards.
- Manage regular email communication to the community.
- Develop and distribute outreach materials to local merchants.
- Canvass key commercial corridors to identify and engage local merchants.
- Follow up with and engage community members identified through outreach efforts.
- Organize actions, mobilizations, phone banks, media coverage and other activities.
Database and Grants Management
- Manage database of program and technical assistance records, and member profiles.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual written grant reports.
- Ensure activities meet respective deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience related to nonprofit, business/finance and/or community organizing.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and developing programs, leveraging financial and technical resources to produce tangible improvement in neighborhoods, and facilitating collaborative efforts among community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness or Experience with social media and website posting.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to multi task.
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Community Outreach Coordinator – Economic Development” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.