Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a full-time Manager of Youth Organizing to join our Public Affairs team. This position is based at our Administrative Office located at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012.
What you’ll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
–Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We’ve been here 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
–Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
–A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
–Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Manager of Youth Organizing does:
– Works to build and uplift PPNYC’s youth organizing initiatives with youth leaders, campus groups, coalition partners, and PPNYC programs. This includes local Planned Parenthood Generation Action (PP Gen) campus chapters across the 5 boroughs and Planned Parenthood’s national Generation Z campaigns.
– With the Director of Community Organizing and the Community Organizer, develops strategies and tactics to bring a reproductive justice framework to all of PPNYC’s organizing efforts.
– Supports the development and execution of social media strategies to engage youth leaders in advocacy efforts and to showcase the work done by young activists.
– Designs and leads trainings for youth leaders focused on organizing and advocacy skills, leadership development, and issues connected to reproductive health, rights, and justice.
-Builds relationships with local partner organizations and coalitions centering youth organizing and leadership.
– Represents PPNYC at a broad range of meetings outside the agency. Speaks on reproductive health, rights, and justice issues to a variety of audiences, including youth advocates, campus groups, activists, allied organizations, and potential partners.
-Collaborate with the Community Organizer to coordinate events, actions, and trainings with PPNYC’s Activist Council.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
– 3 to 5 years’ of experience and success in youth/student organizing or programming and a background in reproductive justice organizing.
– Strong knowledge of key reproductive health rights and justice issues.
– Experience organizing large scale advocacy events, advocacy campaigns, and education campaigns.
– Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills; and the ability to set and meet clear goals.
– Requires some evening and weekend hours.
How to apply:
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to email@example.com and include “Manager of Youth Organizing” in the subject line. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.