Position Overview: The Education Coordinator builds the leadership recruitment and development skills of the Union’s staff and members. He/She responds to requests for training, convenes meetings and collaborates with others to develop and deliver a variety of educational events and workshops.
Job Responsibilities: Collaborate with officers, organizers, staff and members to identify and meet leadership development needs based on division work plans and union goals. Primary responsibility for the smooth operation of the delegate training program, our core member leadership development effort. Develop and conduct additional training and programs that enhance staff and officer work with members.
- Collaborate with director and department staff on program administration to meet department and organizational goals
- Develop and revise educational events and curriculum for courses, campaigns, special events and conferences;
- Meet with teams to set education calendar of Divisions and Departments;
- Organize and conduct educational sessions;
- Train staff and members as facilitators;
- Work with support staff to set logistics and communication for trainings;
- Assist and support Health and Safety trainings
- Manage databases of registration and attendance at trainings (Excel, One Voice, Access)
- Administer assessments of programs and participants;
- Submit reports to the Director;
- Attend and service committees and task forces linked to Education Department;
A combination of work and educational experiences is required
- Passionate about social and economic justice and role of education in social change
- Three (3) or more years of labor or community organizing experience
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating trainings and in curriculum development
- Excellent listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Excellent at project management, collaboration and working effectively in teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability and critical thinking skills
- Flexibility and adaptability, ability to learn new material quickly
- Ability to learn new material quickly
- Basic computer proficiency and database skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Web research)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to move 20 pound boxes
- Ability to travel to five (5) states 1199SEIU represents and elsewhere as needed
- Ability to work long and irregular hours as needed
- High school or equivalent, Certificates and/or additional degrees should be indicated
Applicants should submit the following to alethia<dot>jones<at>1199<dot>org:
- Cover letter and resume
- Three references
- List of key trainings received and/or conducted in and outside of 1199
General Information: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.
All interested persons meeting the minimum qualifications are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to the Staff Support Department – Located on the 4th floor of the 311 building.
1199/SEIU is an equal opportunity employer.
|APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY:||4/6/2017|