SumOfUs is a global movement of consumers, investors, and workers standing together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable and just path for our global economy. SumOfUs has mobilized over 12 million people to take part in more than 50 million collective actions. Through building partnerships, SumOfUs follows the lead of on-the-ground activists and organizers. We hold the biggest corporations in the world (and their political allies) to account by mobilising millions of people to take collective action.
Expressions of interest
SumOfUs is seeking a proposal from an independent campaigns consultant or consulting firm in the United States. We will accept proposal on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with expressions of interest, or any questions about the position. Please tell us how your expertise will help you kick ass at the job deliverables (outlined below), and pitch us 1-2 ideas for campaigns to effectively curb the power of corporations under Trump’s administration including specific tactics for those campaigns.
Please include your quote for an all-inclusive consulting fee.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial contract for 3 months (estimated 2-3 days per week), with potential for extension.
The consultant will advise on the following five deliverables:
- Research and advise on campaign strategy for SumOfUs to target corporations around the world with a particular focus on tackling the nexus of corporate power under the Trump administration.
- Draft and set up copy for SumOfUs to email our members with strategic actions and a compelling narrative of holding corporate power accountable;
- Work with our US campaigns team to facilitate connections between SumOfUs and partners in the United States;
- Develop and implement strategic tactics for SumOfUs to win campaigns and build our movement. The focus of work will be in the United States, with occasional work on Canadian and global campaign issues.
- Support SumOfUs to grow, engage and raise funds from our United States membership.
The ideal consultant will have demonstrated experience in serving clients like SumOfUs, such as advising nonprofit organizations on digital campaign strategy.