The BronXchange is a digital marketplace that connects institutional purchasers and high-road local businesses across the Bronx so purchasers can meet their local purchasing goals and help build a more sustainable, equitable, and democratic local economy. As an e-commerce platform, our clients include both anchor institutions and community-based organizations as purchasers, and small- to medium-sized local businesses as vendors.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Business Development / Accounts Manager who will develop relationships with new local businesses, strengthen relationships with existing platform users, and ensure the highest-quality experience for all users of the BronXchange digital marketplace.
The Business Development / Accounts Manager will report to the CEO and will work closely with the Sales Team to meet quarterly goals and deliver results for users. Internally, she or he will also translate user feedback into messaging and product-design recommendations for the CTO and Communications Manager. She or he will be part of an innovative and rapidly growing enterprise and will be heavily involved in optimizing workflows and growing our Business Development / Accounts Management Team as the BronXchange expands.
● Building, strengthening, and maintaining long-term relationships with platform users, and ensuring the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to their needs
● Operating as the lead point of contact for both vendors and purchasers, providing demonstrations and customer service to purchasers and back-office support and technical assistance referrals to vendors
● Delivering business development assistance through one-on-one consultations and workshops to strengthen local businesses’ ability to compete for contracts and to help companies navigate MWBE certification and institutional and government procurement processes
● Facilitating business-to-business relationships to maximize collaboration among participating vendors
● Fostering partnerships and establishing strong referral network with business development organizations, financial service and technical assistance providers, nonprofits, and government entities to ensure continuous improvement of procurement systems, tools, and related processes
● Identify areas of improvement and new business opportunities, and clearly communicate these to CEO and CTO
● Forecast, track, evaluate, and generate reports regarding business activity and economic impact in accordance with established metrics and clearly communicate progress to internal team
● Collaborate with Sales Team and CEO to develop optimal internal workflow to meet user needs and attain growth and impact targets
● Represent the BronXchange at events within the nonprofit and business community in order to recruit new local businesses and technical partners and market the platform
● Monitor best practice in e-procurement, business development, local sourcing, and social entrepreneurship initiatives and lead or support specific procurement projects as opportunities arise
● Curate BronXchange events and workshops, as needed
● At least 2 to 4 years proven work experience as an Accounts Manager, Key Account Manager or other relevant position ● Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneous against tight deadlines while paying strict attention to detail
● Demonstrable ability to communicate with, present to and influence credibly and effectively multiple external customers ● Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and adapt rapidly to strategic shifts
● Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
● Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills Preferred qualifications:
● BA/BS or advanced degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
● Experience with technology startups
● Experience working with large institutional purchasers and/or small businesses
● Knowledge of Bronx business community and business service providers and/or experience working in the Bronx
● Knowledge of CRM software, Slack, Trello, and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
● Fluent in Spanish
● Commitment to social justice, economic democracy, and triple-bottom-line business practices
Commensurate with experience
Please email a resume and cover letter to Maggie Tishman at maggie@bronXchange.com.
BronXchange is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, and Bronx residents strongly encouraged to apply.
More about the BronXchange:
The BronXchange is a project of Commonwise Education and the Bronx Cooperative Development Initiative. It is a social enterprise whose goal is to localize procurement spending within the Bronx. Major functions include:
● Connecting supply and demand through a searchable database of qualified local vendors and open requests for proposals
● Providing shared business services, including financing, invoicing, marketing, and accounting
● Promoting sustainable and equitable business practices through our X Factor local business impact assessment tool, which captures each business’s environmental, labor, and community wealth-building practices