Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks a candidate for Assistant Program Officer. This position reports to the Southern Region Program Vice President and will be located in the New York City LISC office.
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), widely recognized as the nation’s premier community development intermediary, has a 30-year history of investing in community-based organizations focused on rebuilding urban neighborhoods and rural communities. LISC works throughout the nation to assist its various partners to implement our comprehensive, place-based community revitalization strategy. Through our investments and technical assistance, LISC works with our partners to make communities good places to work, do business and raise children.
The Southern Region includes program investments in the States of Texas, Florida, and Missouri/Kansas. For more information about LISC’s work visit www.lisc.org.
LISC seeks an Assistant Program Officer who will provide assistance to the Southern Region Program Vice President with the following functions in the primary areas of resource development; budget analysis; program strategy; and administration:
- Assist Southern Region Program Vice President with program development, implementation strategies, and operations.
- Assist Southern Region Program Vice President with budget analysis of local program field sites.
- Write concept papers, funding proposals and track progress on various work plans.
- Provide programmatic technical assistance to field sites, connecting to national best practices.
- Provide support to track progress on programmatic and funding milestones. Conduct research, and gather and analyze data that supports programmatic outcomes.
- Provide support to develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders in the community development sector and create linkages between community-based organizations by collecting information on partners, identifying new potential partners, and responding diligently to partner request and questions.
- Draft of memos, presentations and speeches as needed by Southern Region Program Vice President.
- Help staff meet internal and external deadlines and track project/program performance.
- Oversee communication functions, including social media.
- Coordinate with outside consultants on various research and development projects and training programs.
- Support Southern Region Program Vice President in management of administrative needs, including scheduling, drafting correspondence, paying invoices, and data input.
- Perform other special projects as required by Southern Region Program Vice President.
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy or other relevant field a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a professional field, nonprofit preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; efficient and detail-oriented; experienced and strong skills in strategic communications.
- Excellent computer skills including competency in full Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of community development.
- Ability to collaborate with local partners and multiple teams.
- Capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and set priorities for a challenging workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and meet deadlines.
- Experience in program development/management with a proven track record of implementation success.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in the nonprofit sector.
- Some travel required.
We invite people to apply who have experience working with diverse populations in multiple regions of the country and who possess general expertise in community development, and/or
specific expertise in economic development, workforce development and program management.
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
Local Initiatives Support Corporation
New York, NY 10018
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION