Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. Applicant reviews and interviews to begin in mid March 2017.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
Position Summary: Fair Care Labs focuses on generating ideas and finding solutions that make work better for nannies, caregivers, and cleaners. As the social innovation hub of the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), one of the country’s most dynamic and successful social change organizations, Fair Care Labs is charged with experimenting with new ideas, building partnerships with the private sector and launching sustainable business ventures that will create a fairer future for the care industry.
As a Worker Outreach Manager, you’ll have the rare opportunity to help us define the value of potential product offerings for domestic workers and their employers, learn what key aspects of domestic workers lives and interests, and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most exposed workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color.
Your primary job responsibilities will be:
- Conducting one-on-one interviews with domestic workers (nannies, caregivers and cleaners) to understand their needs and test possible products and services intended for their benefit with them.
- Organizing and co-leading focus groups with domestic workers.
- Providing support to domestic workers who are utilizing NDWA’s products and services.
- Collaborate internally on executing the organization’s research strategy through the implementation of focus groups, surveys and interviews with workers
- Assist with writing and designing survey and focus group protocols
- Build trust with workers and make people feel comfortable enough to open up and share their experience
- Actively listen and empathize. It is imperative that you can understand worker’s experiences and their underlying frustrations, pains, hopes and dreams
- In meetings with domestic workers, clearly explain the NDWA’s products and services and solicit meaningful feedback and insights
- Organize and synthesize large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information from your interviews and focus groups; identify common trends and overarching lessons that can be applied to strategic development and product and service design
- Provide translation for other staff involved.
- Spanish/English bilingual skills; native-level Spanish and highly proficient English required.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communications and people skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, follow through and work independently as well as within a team structure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization and pivot quickly when needed.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Experience facilitating focus groups, interviewing people via phone and in person.
- Experience leading qualitative research projects.
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA and FCL’s vision and values.
- Proficient with Gmail, Google docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Survey Monkey (or similar survey program).
- Competitive salary
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefits
- Location – New York City or Boston