The following are critical requirements for success as a National Action Network Field and Community Organizer:
- Dedication and commitment to the fulfillment of National Action Network’s mission.
- Absolute professionalism in demeanor at all times.
- The emotional maturity to remain calm even when things are most stressful.
- Self-motivation to successfully perform one’s role with the organization.
- Transparency in documentation and communication of one’s work.
- The ability to manage multiple and competing projects simultaneously.
- An experienced organizer who has worked on grassroots advocacy campaigns, and mobilizations.
- Committed, flexible and effective in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of social justice issues impacting communities of color and distressed communities.
- Experience in and commitment to bottom-up organizing, grassroots leadership, and collective decision-making.
- Experience in base building, door knocking, leadership development preferred.
- Ability to develop social media campaigns to highlight program success.
- Lead street outreach and other community based canvassing.
- Measure and track outcomes; enter data to track outcomes.
- BS/BA degree or an equivalent of two (2) years of organizing experience
- Ability to work in coalitions
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and problem-solving skills, and willingness to take risks
- Basic computer skills, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in languages other than English is desirable, but not required
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org