The Coalition for Economic Justice in Buffalo, NY is seeking a full-time organizer.
The Coalition for Economic Justice’s (CEJ) mission is to unite our member labor, faith, and community organizations and activist with allies and resources to win campaigns that promote economic justice for all through building strong, diverse, sustainable communities. Our current campaigns are the fight for $15, Industrial Development Authority Reform, and High Road Economic Development.
- Campaign support: Under supervision of Executive Director, develop and implement campaign strategy and coordinate coalition campaign work;
- Internal organizing: Strengthen participation of member groups in coalition campaigns and activities;
- Mobilization: Maintain and grow mobilization structure and coordinate coalition leaders, staff, and volunteers in mobilizing member groups and activist base for coalition actions and events.
- Coalition building: Work with Executive Director and coalition leadership to reach out to allies and recruit new organizations and individual activists to Coalition for Economic Justice through one-on-ones, presentations, tabling, and other outreach activities.
- Communications: Be responsible, along with the Executive Director, for outreach to press outlets as well new media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram etc.
- Fundraising: Work with coalition leadership, staff and volunteers to develop and implement grassroots fundraising activities, including maintenance of fundraising lists, direct mail, and fundraising events.
- Support and Supervision for Interns: With Executive Director, support and supervise interns.
- Organizing experience, including experience developing and implementing campaigns;
- Strong commitment to and understanding of worker justice and the labor movement;
- Ability to mobilize grassroots support and build diverse partnerships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to maintain a database and use basic computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn other needed computer programs.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Experience with popular education and/or media work a plus.
Term of employment: We are seeking someone to start as soon as possible. Position will be permanent, pending a 90 day probation period. The candidate needs to have a valid driver’s license and working vehicle.
Hours: Monday through Friday, may include Saturdays and some Sundays, some weekends, and evenings
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Compensation: $31,000 – $38,000 a year, depending on experience; fully paid health and dental benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kirk@CEJBuffalo.org with CEJ Organizer in the title to Rev. Kirk Laubenstein
For more information, please contact Rev. Kirk Laubenstein at 716-892-5877 or Kirk@CEJBuffalo.org
CEJ is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ, and differently-abled people to apply.